Department of Community Medicine came into existence with the inception of the government medical college – Ambikapur, Surguja (C.G.) in the year 2016. The department has been actively involved in research and epidemiological investigations apart from teaching. For training of students two primary health centres and a community health centre is attached to the department. The department caters to the need of district and state health services as and when required.
- Courses :
Undergraduate Course in the faculty of Medicine (MBBS Degree Course).
- Lecture Hall – The department is well equipped with various AV aids for teaching and training of students and doctors working in the field.
- The department has a well equipped research laboratory to conduct various investigations and a museum for demonstration of charts and models in various fields of community medicine.
- Rural Health Training Center- Darima – is Community Health Center under department of community medicine. It caters about 25000 populations to implement National Health Prohrammes and others curative health services. It is field practice area for teaching and training of undergraduate (MBBS) students in principles of community medicine.
- Urban Health Training Center- Navapara- is urban primary health center under department of community medicine for various teaching and training activities for the students department.
Achievement & Research:
- Department is actively involved in various teaching, training and research activities in the field of public health.
- Epidemic investigation for the Malaria epidemic Biharpur area in Surajpur district was conducted in August 2017 and report and recommendations were submitted to government.
- Swakshata Pakhwada was celebrated in the department in Oct 2017.
- Workshop on swine flu and Zika virus for the Laboratory technician and nursing staff was organized in year 2018.
The department regularly conducts seminars and workshops on various topics and area of public health .